One of the things about High End’s latest fixtures that I have really enjoyed seeing is the effort to add a little less utility to new fixtures, and actually make them look pretty great. ShowGun, StudioPix, ShowPix, and now the ShowBeam 2.5 – these fixtures provide an advanced function while giving a new form to the fixture.
High End Systems and Barco have released a new bright monster luminaire, the ShowBeam 2.5. ShowBeam features something that High End is calling the Twin Beamâ„¢ effect, which does look pretty cool. Don’t forget the ring of controllable LEDs around the lens. Here’s some info from the ShowBeam 2.5 product page:
The SHOWBEAMâ„¢ 2.5 is a new dedicated automated wash luminaire with a revolutionary Twin Beamâ„¢ effect.
The SHOWBEAM 2.5 features a jointly developed Philips MSR 2500-watt lamp source. A smooth field, soft-edge illumination is produced using a new radial lenticular homogenizing lens system that provides a signature look on stage. In addition, the dedicated wash light includes a user changeable fixed color wheel, a variable CTO, a full CMY color mixing system, and the ability to produce an 11-degree fixed hard-edge profile with fast color change and Electronic Strobe. The profile can be rapidly zoomed from 11 to 33 degrees.
More than just a washlight, SHOWBEAM 2.5 offers users a revolutionary patent pending effect, the Twin Beam. In this effect, two discrete hard-edge beams exit the fixture on command, with variable control over the Twin Beam deviation and rotation speed – all with little brightness degradation. Users may vary the Twin Beam by adding incremental color using the CMY color mixing system.
SHOWBEAM 2.5 also includes the renowned LED tracking system that encircles the lens, a feature that debuted with its SHOWGUN predecessor. Users may choose to use the LED tracking system alone or as a complementary ring of color to their set.
- Proprietary Short Arc Lamp and optics produce 140,000 center lumens of light
- 2500W wash light
- Innovative Twin Beam effect
- Electronic strobe
- Quick zoom range from 11 °-33°
- Full optical dimming and fade to black
- Innovative LED Tracking Ring produces over 5000 lumens of RGB color. Homogenously mixed RGB LED circular array eliminates the multiple colored RGB look when white or mixed colors are produced.
- Smooth CMY color mixing provides and infinite palette of color tracking and Independent modes selectable via DMX
- Optical encoders automatically correct the head’s position if manually moved
- 420° pan and 216° tilt movement
- Auto-switching power supply
- DMX/RDM Connector: 5-pin XLR
- Compliances: ETL, CE
- Modular construction
- Fast service design for Reflector, Condenser and Output lens
- Electronic cooling system control
- Stunningly fast, smooth and quiet yoke movement using proprietary multi-phase technology
- Performance oriented exterior design prevents stray light scatter
- Pan and tilt locks for easy transportation.
Electrical Specifications/Light Source
Power Consumption: 18 Amps at 208 V, 15 Amps at 240V
Fixture Rated Power: 2500 W
Lamp: PHILIPS MSR 2500/2 SA
Color Temperature 7000K
Barco rated Lamp Life: 1250 hrs
CIE X=.320; Y=.330
Fixture Dimensions: mm: 596 x 605 x 925 (in: 23.5 x.23.8 x 36.4)
Road Case Dimensions: mm: 749 x 724 (in: 29.5 x 47.25 x 28.5)
Fixture Weight: 66.2kg (146 lbs.)
Shipping Weight (Road Case + fixture): 120 kg (266 lbs.)
Feaat your eyes upon the ShowBeam 2.5’s Twin Beam effect: